Friday, March 13, 2009

Anthem Review

Ego, the sacred word, means everything to Equality 7-2521. He and Liberty 5-3000 have to take many risks and endanger themselves to find their spirit and to find the meaning of the word "I." The future is a dark and oppressed time, and the people are no more than slaves to society. This is the time of Equality and Liberty. A time where it is illegal to write, or to draw, or to even think for oneself.

Anthem by Ayn Rand really made me stop and think. The book got me to ask the question "what if the world turned out like that." When I really thought about the book, I started to make connections between the society in Anthem and some of the different societies already in the world. The plot in Anthem flowed well and the author's style was very detailed in the philosophical meaning of Anthem.

I would recommend this to older people. This book did offend me in that the book did have some anti-Christian material. So some Christians may not want to read Anthem.

No comments: