Thursday, November 6, 2008

Patadigms of Life

I have been reading The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens and paradigms of life, one of the subjects, really made me think. Paradigms help us to see what we center our lives on. The story on paradigms said that we should center ourselves around principles rather than other things. The list of center items are friend-centered, stuff-centered, boyfriend-centered, school-centered, parent-centered, and some other possible centers. When I read the school-centered paragraph I immediately thought of myself.

Early in the year I had completely centered myself around school and homework. I would get home and go up to my room and start on homework, the bane of most students. I would start at about 5 p.m and end at about 9 p.m, I would work on the homework due for the next day and for the homework assigned for the day after that. I was exhausted at school and I didn't sleep well at night. Pretty soon all I thought about was homework and what assignments were due. Homework had completely taken over my life, and I had let it.

I finally got balance in my life, and now I don't stress to much over homework. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens says that we focus so much that we forget why we are even going to school, which is to learn. It says if we focus on principles then all the items we could center on will get better then what they would if we did center on them. That is just something to think about.

No comments: